Friday, May 16, 2008

Phil Hughes update: He's Alive! He's Alive!

After three long weeks with no contact, Franchise Blogger Phil Hughes has reached out to his devoted minions to let them know he has not forgotten them.

Here is the message, three weeks in the making:


Hope everyone is doing well. Not too much to report lately from Tampa. I was in shock when I found out the extent of my rib injury. Not the best way to start off the season to say the least. I will post more when there is more news.

I didn’t get a chance to watch last night’s season finale. So don’t spoil it. Haha. Later



... and the followers were pleased. These comments went up almost immediately:

"young pitchers are supposed to have growing pains, even the best prospect of 2007 Mr. Phil Hughes. get well soon brother, i cant wait to see you come back in the 2nd half and making those sox/met fans who doubted you eat crow."

"Thanks for posting. It’s always great to hear from you! I know you’re going through a rough time right now, but things will definitely get better :-D PS: I think the glasses will work for you–I actually think they make a pitcher look more intimidating… just look how much more badass Edwar looks with his on"

"I can’t wait until I get to see your glasses! I got glasses recently and they take a little while to get used to but you end up liking them. It is good to see you are updating again!"

No comments: