Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Yanks Experimented Today

As we all know, due to the Virus, the Yankees have closed their locker room to all non essential people ( this would never have been acceptable to A-rod ).

All pro teams are doing this.

But the Yankees did something for the fans today...at least it appeared so.

The last six batters were randomly selected guys, between 18-28, who were wearing Yankee hats at the game.

They gave them each a uniform and an "at bat. " As expected, everyone struck out.

But it was a cool thing to do.  No one else has ever had a fan promotion quite like this.

I asked Aaron about this experiment in public relations after the game, and he ( predictably ) denied it.

"The liabilities are far too great...what if someone got hit ?  ( I asked for clarification;  " got hit" or " got a hit?").

We shall probably never know the truth...but I saw what I saw.


4 comments:

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

can someone delete that previous comment?

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...


Nice NJ.com article -- which NYYs are out of options, and which guys can still spend all or part of 2020 in the minors without passing thru waivers --

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/03/yankees-roster-whos-out-of-options-and-who-can-be-sent-down-to-the-minors.html

Note: I'm not employed by that site (or anybody else!) -

JM said...

The scientific method is a recent Yankees tradition. Sevvy, for instance. You keep sending him out there and sending him out again, until you fully understand why his ERA is ballooning to a quazillion. Only then can you determine he needs to be on the IL.

This informs your decisions regarding Sanchez, Judge, Hicks and Stanton. None of them can play with even a hangnail or their ERAs will balloon to a quazillion. The fact that none of them are pitchers is an irrelevant detail.

Science marches on.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.