Monday, March 9, 2020

A Couple of Things....




1.  I don't think King is a pitching prospect.  He only seems to have a fastball, which is not of an overwhelming nature ( 92-94).  If he places it perfectly he can get people out.  But no one can do that.   So he has no out pitch.  And he gets hammered. 

2.  The Yankees will be hard to watch, due to their innate inability to make contact with the baseball.  Strike outs will be overwhelming this year.  And boredom will be the result.

3.  There is not going to be some great discovery this season ( as Gio was last year ). 

4.  Red Thunder will be the worst defensive outfielder in the game ( that's not so bad;  each year, someone has to be the worst ).

5.  The world has now discovered that Gary Sanchez is a lousy defensive catcher, who hits monster homers every once in a while.  Otherwise, he mostly strikes out.  We should heave dealt this guy when there was a chance.

6.  The Yankees are developing a consistent reputation for lying about everything and making really poor decisions with respect to Health Care.  

7.  This is, likely, a third place team.  If everything comes together at some point, they will compete for a wild-card play-in game on the road. 

8.  This season has already not evolved the way we anticipated.

And it hasn't yet begun.



9 comments:

David in Cal said...

Judge has presumably been resting his stress fracture for 5 months during the off season. How likely is it that 2 more weeks of rest will make a substantial difference?

Alphonso said...

I know.

The logic of that is hard to follow.

Vampifella said...

I'm having a hard time deciding how many wins they'll have. I was thinking 94, but they can just as well go 86. I don't really have much faith in the team like I did last year.

smurfy said...

Alponso and David in Cal, the difference is in the hotzy totzy isolation pool fed with oxygen and ster-blub-iodal ointments.

smurfy said...

Alphonso, you're right on King,close as I have looked. Good command, which important to help deploy your trick(s). Mariano should teach him the cutter. Gotta get something to surprise 'em.

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR KING OBSERVATION.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

SCHMIDT IS ANOTHER STORY.

MR. DUQUE'S EYEBALL OBSERVATION WAS KEEN AS HIS PITCHING LINE THAT DAY WAS DECEPTIVE.

THE KID DEIVI IS PROMISING, BUT NOT READY YET AS HE GIVES UP RUNS EVERY APPEARANCE.

I TEND TO AGREE WITH YOU THAT THERE WILL BE NO NEW "SURPRISE" BY A NON PITCHING PLAYER THIS YEAR.

THE ONLY CHANCE WE HAVE OF A "NEW" SURPRISE IS CLARKE SCHMIDT.

MAKE HIM THE #5 STARTER.

WE WON'T.

BECAUSE AT THE HELM, WE HAVE DOUCHEBAGS.

Celerino Sanchez said...

King is Chance Adams Part Deaux

Alphonso said...

I agree with ALL CAPS. I would pencil in Clark as our 5th starter now.

And Devi needs work at AAA.

If he can do it there....

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.