Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

GREAT MOVIE CLICHÉ LINES THAT BELONGED IN OLIVER STONE’S MOVIE, “W.”

“YOU, AGAIN? I should have killed you when I had the chance! Very well, this time, Mr. Bush, I think I will just have to enjoy myself. By the way, have you met my little invention? I call it… The Internet.”

“Mrs. Weinberger, are you trying to seduce me?”

“So, these are the terms of our little wager: You’ve selected this unpopular girl, this “Condoleezza.” I must woo her, take her to the White House – and then break her heart. Ahh, Laura, you are so deliciously evil, and that’s why I adore you.”

“Sir, with this executive order, you’ll gain super strength and incredible speed. You’ll be able to see through walls, hear conversations across the continent. You’ll fight evil like never before. But you’re going to have to keep these powers a secret. The world must never know.”

“Yes, of course, I’ve heard of the memos. C'mon, Condi, you don’t really believe in those old terrorist tales, do you?”

“Last night, that education reform bill we worked on together… that meant nothing to you?”

“Cleared? Wait a minute. So if Karl didn’t do it, and Cheney didn’t do it, that would mean the only possible leaker is… CALL THE POLICE! Scooter Libby is out there, and there’s no telling what he might know!”

“NO, NO, NO! DAMMIT! DON’T YOU GO QUITTIN’ ON ME, ALBERTO GONZALEZ! DON’T... YOU... GO... QUITTIN’... ON... ME!”

“John McCain? But… you’re dead. I saw you… everybody saw you… you died.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

''Those ceremonies — 'Oh, let's bring back those guys from 2005,' we're all crippled and fucked up, pushing wheelchairs, kids crying because his dad was on the ballclub — fuck that,''
''I don't need that bull. A bunch of fat guys, another one is broke. 'Hey, where's your ring?' 'Oh, I don't know, I sold that son of a bitch two years ago.'''

Ozzie should be made the general manager of the New York Yankees.